Green design Grow Biointensive ® Organic gardening Living technologies Holistic Health
We must become the change we wish to see in the world.
As we enter our 26th season of Grow Biointensive ® we strive to live more lightly on the Earth and to rebuild our health and the health of our ecosystems, keeping in mind the question: how can we be sure that we are on a healthy, regenerative path with our proposed methods and solutions?
How can we ensure that we are not further degrading our world and ourselves? At Neo-Terra we take our proposed methods and solutions as ongoing experiments, subject to assessment, improvement or overhaul as the results indicate!
Here you will find applications and case studies where we have sought to answer these questions, and occasions for you to join with us and try these out for yourselves.
Above: Grow Biointensive ® mini-farm at Neo-Terra
Work Share & Internships 2023
Consider working with us! Flexible arrangements!
March through October
Details at "Interns"
Upcoming Events 2023
Garden Tours: Contact us for group or private tours.
Mini Workshops 40 opportunities for local gardeners to
improve your food growing.
Below: Preparing a section for biointensive planting of corn. Hundreds of peas, beets and carrots are taking off in the late spring. The blue sticky trap in the center attracts the beet miner fly before it lays eggs.
Below: Liz, our intern, harvesting sweet potatoes in the fall.
Above: kids from Mt. Nittany Charter School visiting to winnow seeds, sift compost, harvest buckwheat seeds, and clean mint to take home and make tea. Later they ate pawpaws.
Above: Neo-Terra mid spring, 2022.
1. Questions & Answers for 2022 topics from spring garden bulbs, weeds, plant diseases, medicinal plant tinctures, growing burdock, and many others. For Q&As from previous years, go to our Questions & Answers page.
2. Video tour of Neo-Terra spring garden created by our intern Julian (put setting to High Definition).
3. Video on how to make fermented beets created by our intern Julian.
4. Julian's video report of his internship at Neo-Terra, 2022 (put setting to High Definition)..
5. Biointensive Mini -Farms Around the World -- Africa,
Latin America, New Zealand, Russia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka,
6. Grow Biointensive ® Introduction, background, tutorials
7. Medicinal Plants: How to grow, harvest, prepare and
use medicinal herbs, focusing on Stephen Harrod Buhner's
Herbal Antibiotics and Herbal Antivirals.
8. Passive House design and retrofits.
9. Pests and Diseases and what to do about these.
10. Drone tour of Longwood Gardens Conservatory
(slow to 0.5 speed -- more relaxing).
11. Buhner Medicinal Plants Remedies Chart
12.. 3-Circle Model of Sustainability
13. Organic Gardening Primer
14. Caloric and protein production spreadsheet for 2017
using Grow Biointensive ®.
Below: Solar hot air collectors under construction
Above: Sweet potato slips putting out roots
Below, left to right: Borage flowers, butterfly, assassin bug nymph, and spring Columbine flowers, all taken at Neo-Terra.