Green design Grow Biointensive ® Organic gardening Living technologies Holistic Health
We must become the change we wish to see in the world.
As we enter our 26th season of biointensive minifarming, we strive to live more lightly on the Earth and to rebuild our health and the health of our ecosystems, keeping in mind the question: how can we be sure that we are on a healthy, regenerative path with our proposed methods and solutions?
How can we ensure that we are not further degrading our world and ourselves? At Neo-Terra we take our proposed methods and solutions as ongoing experiments, subject to assessment, improvement or overhaul as the results indicate!
Here you will find applications and case studies where we have sought to answer these questions, and occasions for you to join with us and try these out for yourselves.
Above: Biointensive mini-farm at Neo-Terra
Work Share & Internships 2022
NEW for 2022
Consider working with us! Flexible arrangements!
March through October
Details at "Interns"
Upcoming Events 2022
Garden Tours: Contact us for group or private tours.
Mini Workshops for 2022: 40 opportunities for local
gardeners to improve your food growing.
Below: Preparing a section for biointensive planting of corn; hundreds of peas, beets and carrots are taking off in the late spring. The blue sticky trap in the center attracts the beet miner fly before it lays eggs.
Below: Liz, our intern, harvesting sweet potatoes in the fall.
Above: kids from Mt. Nittany Charter School visiting to winnow seeds, sift compost, harvest buckwheat seeds, and clean mint to take home and make tea. Later they ate pawpaws.
1. Questions & Answers for 2021 topics from insect pests, weeds, plant diseases, medicinal plant tinctures to germinating peas and beans, black walnut hutcracker and many others.
2. Video tour of Neo-Terra spring garden created by our intern Julian (put setting to High Definition).
3. Biointensive Mini -Farms Around the World -- Africa,
Latin America, New Zealand, Russia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka,
4. Grow Biointensive ® Introduction, background, tutorials
5. Medicinal Plants: How to grow, harvest, prepare and
use medicinal herbs, focusing on Stephen Harrod Buhner's
Herbal Antibiotics and Herbal Antivirals.
6. Passive House design and retrofits.
7. Pests and Diseases in your garden, and what to do about
8. Drone tour of Longwood Gardens Conservatory
(slow to 0.5 speed -- more relaxing).
9. Buhner Medicinal Plants Remedies Chart
10. 3-Circle Model of Sustainability
11. Organic Gardening Primer
12. Caloric and protein production spreadsheet for 2017
using Grow Biointensive ®.
Below: Solar hot air collectors under construction
Above: Sweet potato slips putting out roots
Below, left to right: Borage flowers, butterfly, assassin bug nymph, and spring Columbine flowers, all taken at Neo-Terra.